Here are today’s updates regarding the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK and around the world.
- The UK death toll is 465 as of Wednesday evening after 28 more people died in England after contracting coronavirus.
- More than 405,000 people have signed up to a NHS volunteer scheme within the first 24 hours of its launch.
- Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus, but is only displaying mild symptoms. The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested and does not have it. They are both self-isolating at Balmoral.
- The deputy British ambassador to Hungary, Steven Dick, has died aged 37 after contracting Covid-19.
- Spain has overtaken China’s coronavirus death toll, rising to 3,434 following the confirmation of 738 further fatalities.
- Italy recorded 683 deaths, bringing the country’s death toll to 7,503