Bishop Feb Idahosa has said it is unwise for the Rivers State government to relax the lockdown order so residents can partake in Easter festivities.
The Benson Idahosa University President said relaxing the lockdown order for Easter will render the sit-at-home done so far ineffective. He added that it will be a bad idea for anyone to attend Easter day service with Coronavirus still a threat.
He tweeted: “The Gov of #RiversState has allowed all churches & mosques there to meet in full force this wkend. If there was a Kingdom of Bad Ideas, this one would be king. The only worse idea is for you to attend one of these services knowing what you know about #covid_19. Yes, I’m a Pastor.
“Is it that we don’t know how to learn from #history or know how to learn from science? History is being created right in front of our eyes in the daily news as we watch the trends of #COVID?19 in other countries & yet, this Governor is insisting we make the same mistakes. Why?
“One way #COVID?19 is spread is when people gather in large numbers in one place. An infected but asymptomatic person can quickly spread the virus to others & they in turn will do the same. Not knowing & making mistakes is one thing; but knowingly making mistakes is ignorance.”
He added on Instagram:
As a man of faith and a man of science, I’m saddened by this. We have faith, yes! But our faith in Christ also demands that we are wise.
1. We should learn from the history that we see being created every day.
2. I firmly believe that one of the ways God will answer our prayers for this scourge of #covid_19 not to come near us is if we use wisdom to do the right things.
3. We should #MakeHopeContagious not the #spread of the virus.
4. God was not surprised by this.
5. This is not the end of the church.
6. Our faith in God will get us out of this.
Leave a Reply